DroidVPN - Android VPN
An easy-to-use VPN to protect your browsing privacy
DroidVPN - Android VPN is a free VPN client for Android devices that allows you to browse the web anonymously.
With DroidVPN - Android VPN you’ll be able to bypass restrictive networks and access the internet, all on an encrypted connection that’s safe from the outside world. Bypass ad-tracking robots, block ads, enjoy content blocked in your country, all from your Android device.
Unlike some VPN services for Android, you’ll have to register for an account via a valid email. Free accounts will be limited to 100MB of traffic per day; once you exceed this your account will no longer work and you’ll have to wait until the day ends to access the service again. There have also been some reports of users with devices running Android Jellybean or below not being able to access the network.
Overall DroidVPN - Android VPN is a good VPN service for those that don’t need a lot of bandwidth or spend a lot of time on their phones. Check out some pros and cons down below.
- Bypass Firewalls, Access Location-Restricted Content DroidVPN - Android VPN encrypts your traffic and transports securely so you can get around even the worst content filters on most networks.
- Browse the Web 100% Anonymously If ad-trackers can’t tell who you are or where you’re coming from, they won’t be able to keep tabs on you while you browse.
- All You Need is ICMP DroidVPN - Android VPN will work even if TCP is disabled over your network; all you need is the ability to ping and you’re good to go.
- Free Accounts are Limited to 100MB per Day This app is definitely for light network use.
Fixed a minor bug on android TV version
Fixed the bug that prevents the vpndialog from being shown.
Fixed a bug that affected x86 devices.
Fixed a race condition that results in a crash
Now available for Android TV
Fixed the username/password incorrect bug
Fixed compatibility problem for x86/Intel devices
Fixed the bug that lets the DroidVPN service running on the background even when you are no longer connected.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- CHANGE_WIFI_MULTICAST_STATE: Allows applications to enter Wi-Fi Multicast mode.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- READ_LOGS: Allows an application to read the low-level system log files.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.